6th April, 2020
Just to confirm both Alwalton Hall and Salon by Alwalton Hall are temporarily closed.
We hope you have been able to stay well and keep safe.
Our whole team is on furlough pending re-opening, and everyone is currently fit and well and in good humour. There is a lot of mutual support, banter, and entertainment being exchanged on the team WhatsApp every day which keeps everyone’s spirits up even if some of the humour is less than angelic! The Angels are also looking at refresher videos online just to ensure they don’t forget anything before we welcome everyone back once again!
We hold a weekly Zoom video conference with the whole team when everyone gets to see and speak to everyone else and the full extent of the lock down on individual beauty regimes is becoming apparent! It’s a great way to keep the team together and to share news. One piece of good news that we heard on last week’s call is that Beth is now an auntie!
Just to remind you about some logistics:
– We’re doing our best to answer the phones between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday – please bear with us if we’re engaged
or you have to leave a message – we are also checking e-mails frequently;
– Online booking has been temporarily suspended and will be re-activated when we re-open;
– All deposits and pre-payments are being held on account;
– Loyalty points will not expire;
– We are extending the expiry dates on all unexpired gift cards by 3 months – more if required;
– We are able to sell gift cards over the phone for dispatch by Royal Mail and any purchased during the lock down will
be valid for 15 months;
– We are accepting future bookings on the understanding that they may have to be re-scheduled depending on the duration
of the crisis
We will update our websites regularly and will continue to post regular updates on social media.
One tip for you before we go – I’m using Decleor Cica balm on my hands to get rid of the soreness caused by repeated washing and use of hand gel. If you have any I highly recommend it.
Lots of love to you all.
Maggie and the Team